Overview: Founded in 1938, the Barbershop Harmony Society is an arts education and performance organization with nearly 22,000 singers in 750 chapters throughout North America. This position is responsible for music curriculum and resources to our members, with a focus on online learning and developing Harmony University online. Our work is built upon four Pillars:
- Through the medium of barbershop harmony, we maintain and expand supportive services for a global community of singer/artists.
- Through the medium of barbershop harmony, we elevate artistic and leadership skills through education and best practices.
- Through the medium of barbershop harmony, we establish lifelong singing as a core community asset.
- We increase our impact by by building diversified revenue streams including earned income, individual philanthropy, and institutional philanthropy.
The Barbershop Harmony Society is looking for a well-rounded web/software developer to join the existing IT department to maintain current custom built applications and integrate multiple internal systems. A great Application Developer has excellent knowledge of at least one programming language. They must be familiar with a variety of operating systems and platforms. They must also be experienced with completing tasks on time and on budget. The ideal candidate will also have an analytical mindset and a keen eye for detail.
- Maintain and evolve the aesthetic of the Society's website(s) & web applications
- Work with a dedicated project manager to prioritize your schedule, deliverables, and timelines
- Understand client requirements and how they translate in application features
- Design creative prototypes according to specifications
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
- Perform unit and integration testing before launch
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Web Design, Application Development, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of web development, with both front-end and back-end experience preferred
- UI/UX experience would be a huge bonus
- Able to write and customize code in PHP
- Experience with MSSQL
- Experience working with and setting up a CMS (Craft CMS, Wordpress, etc)
- Write clean, well-documented code that is easy to maintain
- Write technical/instructional copy as needed
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Willing to learn new processes and programs
- Outstanding communication, organization, project/time management and interpersonal skills.
This is a full time position with a very attractive benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance; retirement; vacation, etc. Please reply with a resume and samples/working links. Freelancers need not apply. No recruiters or phone calls please.