The Key Development Relationship Manager is responsible for qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding a portfolio of significant prospects and donors on behalf of the Barbershop Harmony Society. The Key Development Relationship Manager is the key point of contact for this portfolio, and is responsible for deploying BHS’s assets —including program leaders, impact reports, and marketing tools — in order to help donors meet their philanthropic goals while growing the net donated revenue from the portfolio.
Please complete the simple form questions below. Then upload:
- A cover letter expressing why you are interested in the position and why it would be a good fit for you and for BHS. (Required)
- A current résumé. (Required)
- Any other files that you think will amplify your candidacy: Articles, letters of reference, non-confidential work samples, insights into who you are, etc. (Optional)
Equal Employment Opportunity
BHS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BHS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
BHS expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of BHS’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Applicants with questions about the BHS policy should contact a representative of our Human Resources Department at 615-823-3993.
The Barbershop Harmony Society Internship Program provides exceptional undergraduate and graduate students from many diverse backgrounds the opportunity to gain practical, challenging, and meaningful on-the-job work experience while bringing members together in harmony and fellowship to enrich lives through singing.
Because interns are a vital part of the future of the Barbershop Harmony Society, we strive to provide a hands-on experience that gives a realistic preview of what it is like to work at a non-profit. Through our Internship Program, interns:
- Gain substantial professional experience and exposure to critical issues pertaining to the non-profit sector.
- Develop a comprehensive perspective on the Barbershop Harmony Society's mission and program delivery at the local, national, and international levels.
- Receive networking, personal and professional development opportunities; including opportunities to meet with Barbershop Harmony Society senior leadership.
We currently have the following Internship opportunities available:
- Video Production
- Music Education
- Music Publication
- Social Media
Additional opportunities may be added at a later date. Your interest, course of study, and the availability of openings determine the possibilities. From the start, interns are challenged to demonstrate their strengths and apply their knowledge to help us achieve our business strategy. Please visit our website to read more about our internship program